Miami Work Visa Lawyer

The Right to Work in America

Work Visa

A work visa is a type of non-immigrant visa which allows an individual to live and work within the United States for a period of time. If you desire to immigrate, you should apply for an immigrant visa or a dual intent visa, which allows you to apply for permanent residency as well as a work visa. There are many types of work visas available within the U.S., but all of them are employer-sponsored. This means that an employer must first file an application with the government and request the particular work visa for an individual.

Once the employer’s application is approved, you are eligible to apply for a work visa. This first approval of your employer’s application is not a visa itself, but it does allow you to continue the work visa application process. A U.S. embassy or consulate in your country will interview you to determine your eligibility for a work visa. If this visa is granted, you may then travel to the U.S. and request permission to enter the country.

Why hire a Miami work visa attorney?

In order to legally work in the United States, it is necessary to have a work permit or Employment Authorization Document (EAD card). An experienced Miami immigration lawyer from Pozo Goldstein, LLP can guide you through the process of obtaining a work visa or work permit. If you are seeking a United States work visa, it is important to talk to someone with a background in immigration law. Our immigration attorneys have extensive experience with a variety of work visa and immigration issues. With experience as a Former U.S. Immigration Prosecutors and Former Judge, we know how to aggressively fight for your immigration rights and can provide exceptional deportation defense, if necessary.

Contact a Miami work visa attorney from our firm who can review your particular circumstances and help you devise a plan of action for your unique work visa situation.